Sunday 7 November 2010

Insperation & History

In the first two pages of my 'new' sketchbook I have looked at what inspired me to choose look at America and American History.

On my insperation page it is still the same as I wrote about earlier in the blog, Marina and The Dimonds and her music video Hollywood. I talked about how her vintage clothing and props in her video really intrested me and that I would like to achieve something similar to this in my final pieces.

On The American History page I found a time line of the internet and I then went throught and added the dates and events that I thought were the most important and relevent to my project. These were
  • 1492 - Columbous founds USA
  • 1793 - First Textile mill opened in US.
  • 1876 - Telephone invented
  • 1914-1918 - WW1
  • 1920 - Women given right to vote
  • 1929 - Wall street crash
  • 1941 - Pearl Harbour
  • 1942 - D-Day
  • 1954-1973 - Vietnam

I chose to use a timeline becuase i could then pick events which i could take further on in my portfilio and devolp and minipulate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment